Wet areas in homes are also some of the most frequented areas, like the kitchen and bathroom. Water and damp-friendly materials cannot, understandably, be used in these areas around the bath and on the windows. You need a material that is water-resistant, tough, and easy to clean and maintain.
Blinds for other home areas are usually made in wood, fabric, or composite materials, which serve both the purposes of practicality and decoration. On the other hand, wet areas need solutions with practical functionality as the priority.
While decorating your home or taking over a home improvement project, as a rule of thumb, you need to avoid all untreated, water-absorbent materials like soft fabric. Nor is natural wood a sensible choice as it is prone to disintegration after developing fungal mould and rot on prolonged exposure to water, steam from hot water, and water sprays and sprinkles.
Aluminium is the best material for wet areas due to its water and damp-resistant qualities, hardiness, longer shelf life and easy maintainability. Let us look at the best possible window blinds for your kitchen and bathrooms.
- Venetian blinds are one of the most popular types because they are versatile, functional, and have an impregnable quality that blocks out excess light and visibility when drawn, giving you privacy in the bathroom. Venetian blinds are available in two basic options:
- Aluminium Blinds are durable, withstanding water, steam, and the passage of time. Due to their water resistance and durability, they are long-lasting, lasting through water, steam, and time tests. They are simple, lightweight and easy to clean and maintain.
- Timber style Venetian – Timber Venetian blindsare made of composite material treated and textured to look like wood but are sturdy, easy to maintain and water resistant. Real wood’s feel and appearance can be customised in various colours and styles to match the look you want in your kitchen or bathroom.
- Roller Blinds: If you are looking for a reliable and durable option for blinds to extend the modern look of the interiors of your home to your kitchen and bathrooms, then roller blinds fit the bill. These blinds are great for providing privacy, muting light, and insulating the area against the weather. Their sleek and compact build takes minimal room and is perfect for a small kitchen or bathroom. Available in a wide range of fabric materials in different textures and colours, which can easily be treated to make them water resistant. The specialised fabrics have qualities that are ideal for a home with children and pets.
- They block the harsh Australian sunlight and harmful ultraviolet rays.
- It is easy to clean and maintain as most fabrics are soil and stain resistant and can be wiped clean.
- Fire or flame-resistant, thus perfect for the kitchen area.
- Multiple options of cord style – front, back, and cordless with a motorised mechanism to operate them. The back cords are safe for homes with children and pets. The motorised blinds are good for outdoor areas with their weather-resistant fabrics and are safe to operate with children.
- Multi-Use Shutter Blinds: A low-maintenance, easy-to-clean, and stylish option for wet areas, made of polymer, a material that is water and steam resistant, durable and sustainable, and are available with paint finishes and stains in the colour or shade of your choice. The best quality of shutter blinds is the easy adjustability of their slats to adjust the direction and quantity of sunlight you want to enter your bathroom or kitchen without compromising your privacy.
Window blinds are unquestionably more viable and practical for wet areas than curtains. Curtains add a delicate touch but require a lot of upkeep, are not long-lasting or durable enough, and are flammable, making them dangerous in kitchens with a cooking range and appliances nearby. Blinds add a sleek, streamlined look without the added burden of high maintenance and are also a much safer and more practical option, especially with children in the house.
Leave a Reply